Friday, July 17, 2009

Happy Friday :)

Two bits of good news:

1) Just found out that Walmart is carrying My Fairy Grandmother, which is very cool. Someone I work with told me yesterday that they saw it there, but I half thought she was joking. (Not because she's a cruel person-- I just don't expect good things to happen to me.) Then I got an email from Cedar Fort telling me that they'd placed the book in Walmart, which for any normal person would be proof enough, but I still didn't believe it until I saw it tonight with my own eyes. Had to stifle the urge to stand in the middle of the aisle blocking traffic, telling everyone that it was MY book. I thought that impulse would lessen after Spare Change, but so far, I still want to shout it from the rooftops. I also wanted to sneak through the store, placing copies in unattended carts, but I managed to control myself.

2) I'll be doing a booksigning at the Orem Barnes and Noble on Tuesday, August 11th from 8-10 PM. If you're out late and you're in the area, I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd stop by so it looks like I have friends. :)

5 comments:

Melanie Jacobson said...

Congratulations again. That is SO cool! And if only I lived in Orem...I would totally stop by!

Sarah M Eden said...

If I lived within several hundred miles of Orem, I would absolutely be at your book signing. Alas....

Rachel Rossano said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Aubrey, you're an LDS writer I'm trying to follow but you don't add posts very often! I've clicked over to this same one ten times in the past 2 months. What are you writing now? How are your latest books doing? I wish you the best!

Aubrey said...

Karen-

I'm sorry I'm such a terrible blogger! I really do try, but for some reason, it always ends up being the last thing on my list. But I will try to do better!

Right now, I'm working on a novel about heaven, but it's going pretty slow. I'm thinking about putting it away for a while and trying something else.

My Fairy Grandmother is my latest book, and it's doing okay-- not as well as Spare Change, but maybe it's because of the genre shift. I'm hoping that having it in Walmart will help sales. And my new book, Santa Maybe, is going to be on the shelf October-ish. It's a funny Christmas romance, and I'm really excited about it.

I saw your book Uncut Diamonds on the LDS Publisher website-- it looks very interesting. I'll have to snag one and put it on my stack!

Thanks again for the comment and your interest-- I'll try to be a more constant blogger! :)