Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Something to think about

I watched a memorial through the lunchroom window at the hospital where I work today. They have it once a year, as a chance for staff and family members of patients who have died to have a chance to gather and mourn together. I watched curiously from the third floor as I ate my microwave lunch. When the short service was over, people tied ribbons on the surrounding trees and hugged each other. It's easy to forget how short and uncertain life is, and working here has taught me to be glad for every day that I have.

On another work-related note, if you want to read an interesting blog, go to www.npr.org/blogs/mycancer. It's easy to think that you're having a bad day until you read about someone who is fighting just to make it to the next one.

No comments: