Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Second chance!

Since I never heard back from one of our winners, I drew another name for the other copy of Santa Maybe.

Congratulations, kimiko! If you'll email me with your address, (aubreymace@yahoo.com) I'll send you a copy soon!

Also, I'm reading a book right now that is SO GOOD that I have to mention it-- The Angel's Game, by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. I'm about halfway through and I'm having trouble putting it down to do those everyday things like eating, sleeping... going to work. But at the same time, I don't want to read it too quickly because I know that it will be one of those books that I'm truly sad when it's finished. So I'm torn between wanting to find out what happens and trying to drag it out a bit longer. It's beautifully written, and I have absolutely no idea how it will end. I think that's the ultimate definition of a great book. :)

5 comments:

Mary Gray said...

I'm going to add it to my "too read" list on Goodreads. :)

Oh, Aubrey, I have zero class... but my greed for attention is overtaking me. :) Stop by my blog and enter a drawing for free movie tickets--I want to hear what super power you'd choose to have!

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

Your book is on my to-read list!

I'm reading a book I got from the library, clled "The Summonings" or something like that. Ever heard of it? So far it's very very good.

Aubrey said...

Mary, I went to your blog and it was fascinating to see what ideas people came up with for what super power they would like.

And Tamara, I haven't heard of the book you mentioned. I looked it up on Amazon and there were several with that title. You'll have to let me know what you think when you've finished it.

Melanie Jacobson said...

I put my Santa, Maybe review in my Goodreads the other day and already, like, five of my friends have put it on their to-read list. I feel so powerful!

I think I'm going to have to put this Zafon book in my queue. I read another of his, I think it's called The Shadows of the Wind, several years ago and it still sticks with me. He evokes a powerful mood.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

That's how I felt when I read Santa Maybe (love love loved!). I gave in and read it way too fast and now I'm itching to read it again!