Monday, November 23, 2009

NaNoWriMo update #2- The Downhill Slide

I crossed the 40,000 word mark last night. (And yes, it's still about pudding.)

I'm having a really good time with this book, although I highly doubt it's going to be anything that anyone will want to publish. Who knows-- maybe once it goes through some major editing, it might be marketable. But maybe that wasn't the point. **Epiphany alert** Maybe this book was meant to help me remember that writing is supposed to be FUN.

Went into the Sandy Barnes & Noble this weekend and actually found Santa Maybe out on a New Fiction table-- I almost had a heart attack! It was a major milestone for me, and I'm sure that there were several customers wondering why I was doing the Snoopy happy dance in the middle of the store. I'm lucky they didn't call security and have me taken down with a tranquilizer gun.

Gearing up for cooking Thanksgiving dinner. Nothing like spending two days cooking a meal that will be devoured in thirty minutes or less, right? Seriously, couldn't the NaNoWriMo people have picked a less hectic month? How about February or March?

Also, watch for more info next week on a giveaway that I am co-hosting with the lovely Sarah Eden! We're still working out the specifics, but with the two of us involved, it should be nothing short of spectacular. (Or at least mildly entertaining.) She has a short story included in the new book Stolen Christmas, a collection of stories from the LDS Publisher blog, and I can't wait to get my copy. Hopefully, you'll win one in our contest, but if you just can't wait, go here.

https://www.createspace.com/Customer/EStore.do?id=3410673

Hopefully, I'll be blogging again between now and the 30th, but with Thanksgiving and the deadline for NaNoWriMo looming, I can't guarantee anything. I might get too caught up making a thousand pies. Okay, six pies, but seriously. It's been scientifically proven that if you're going to make six pies, you might as well make a thousand. Or maybe it was six pies feels like a thousand? I forget. There was some kind of mathematical equation involved. But just to be on the safe side, everyone have a very happy holiday and if you're doing NaNoWriMo and you want to maintain that tentative hold on your sanity, just order your pies this year, okay? :)

5 comments:

Sarah M Eden said...

Sarah Eden really is lovely, isn't she. And yes anything you and she are involved in is bound to be spectacular and entertaining.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I've been trying to think what to make for FHE treat this week. Pudding it is!

And congratulations!

Fenwick Family said...

Aubrey your posts are so cute and witty!

Julianne said...

Pudding and Pie??? Maybe it's time to go out again because everytime I read your blog I feel hungry... Maybe when NaNoWriMo is over so we can celebrate your 50,000 word success!! I wonder where I can get a pudding pie...

Anna said...

I suppose the upside of NaNoWriMo in November is that if you can write that much even through Thanksgiving holiday, you can make time for writing anytime.