Friday, February 12, 2010

And now, a rare glimpse at the...past?

Remember that TV show about the guy who got tomorrow's paper a day early? I've decided that perhaps my blog could be a bit of a novelty as well. Except I'm not going to dabble in fortunes or predicting the future-- I'm going to boldly go where no blogger has gone before and reveal...

(drumroll please)

The past.

I know what you're thinking. Anyone can report the past, right? But it's still quite a challenge for some of us because I guess I forgot to mention something rather important this week. With all that whining I was doing about having nothing interesting to blog about, I missed the perfect opportunity.

Santa Maybe was nominated for a Whitney Award in the romance category!

See, I wanted to shout it from the rooftops last Friday, but I made myself wait so that I could perform this most important task of making sure that everyone was firmly grounded in the past. For a full list of the Whitney nominees for 2009, go here. http://www.whitneyawards.com/2009finalists.html There are some incredibly awesome books just waiting to be discovered!

Oh, and by the way, if you drive a Toyota, you might want to be careful because apparently there's some sort of problem with the brakes. Updates will be provided when they are no longer useful.

7 comments:

Sarah M Eden said...

Aubrey, did you hear about Y2K? You should probably blog about that, too.

And congrats on being up for another Whitney. So excited for you.

Anna said...

Yay for the Whitney nomination! I bought Santa Maybe for my sister in law for Christmas. Now I need to borrow it and read it. I enjoyed Spare Change, so I'm sure I'd like this one just as much. Sounds like a fun one.

Rebecca Irvine said...

You should totally win this! It is definitely my fave romance from last year.

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

Congratulations! I'm happy for you. :)

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I am so thrilled for you! I was tickled pink when you won last year and I'd only met you briefly - like for all of 30 seconds I think. You just seemed so nice so I was really glad you won.

Now this year, now that I KNOW it's not just an illusion and you really ARE nice, I'm ecstatic!

Fenwick Family said...

Congrats!!

Sara said...

Congrats on the Whitney nomination! I haven't read your book yet, but it sounds like such a cute read!